Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Why "Vibrant Discontent"?

Two words... although not the only two... but two words I would use to describe myself are: restless and discontent. "Restless Discontent" sounds somewhat negative and un-lifegiving. "Vibrant Discontent," however, sounds passionate... And... I just googled it... and as far as I can tell, I'm not stealing a band name or anything like that.


On this blog, I plan to only edit myself on arragement and grammar (sorta)... but not on content. Most of the topics about which I blog will be ones I have already been tossing around in my head. On "Vibrant Discontent," I'm giving myself permission to do the following: 1) talk about my feelings and opinions without caveats for every single thought I express... I know I'm not right about everything, and there are a million ways to approach every issue, and I just don't have the time or energy anymore to qualify everything I say and every opinion I have 2) be sappy, sentimental, cheesy, and emotional... I want to stop denying those parts of me 3) to not be funny if I don't feel like it... anyone who knows me at all knows I'm freaking hilarious, right? right?! So I have nothing to prove in the area of humor. 4) to be Arminian (a recently reached conclusion) in my approach to theology (for those of you who care about such terms)... or at least a non-Calvinist... inevitably, because of my faith in and passion for knowing Christ, this perspective will seep its way in

No comments:

Post a Comment